The Solitaire Automotive Group (ABN 81 107 070 988) operates exclusively out of South Australia and is committed to ensuring that any personal information collected during the course of our operations is treated with respect and managed responsibly at all times.
Solitaire Automotive Group is a retailer and servicer of prestige European vehicles in South Australia. We are bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act. For more information on our business, please visit our corporate website: www.solitaire.com.au; or contact us on (08) 8272 8155 for further information.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information which we may collect from you and hold may include your:
- Credit card details
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Transaction details about purchases you make
If you do not provide certain personal information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our goods or services to you or your ability to receive information about any special offers.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect your personal information in various ways, including:
- directly from you when you phone up or come in to one of our sites with a sales or service enquiry;
- from third parties, including those described in the “Disclosure of Information Collected” section below;
- from our own records regarding your previous purchases or other records held at our head office, including various departments such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing and Information Services;
- when you visit our website (for more information on what information is collected, see “Cookies” and “Information Security” below); and
- from information in the public domain.
Any personal information provided to Solitaire Automotive Group will be treated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. For more information regarding the Privacy Act, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
Use of Information Collected
Any personal information Solitaire Automotive Group collects through the course of normal business dealings will be used primarily for the purposes for which it was collected. Solitaire Automotive Group does not sell, trade or share personal information to third parties.
We may use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide you with our goods or services;
- to charge or bill you for those goods or services (including debt collection);
- to perform statistical analysis of customer shopping habits or other similar activities (for internal marketing purposes only);
- to send you information about our promotions and products;
- to obtain feedback on how to improve our products or customer service;
- for administrative purposes relating to your purchase;
- to provide customer support services or technical support services to you in relation to your vehicle; and
- to respond to requests or inquiries from you from time to time.
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, we may not be able to provide these services to you. Solitaire Automotive Group does not send out unsolicited e-mails.
Disclosure of Information Collected
In order to manage our relationship with you we may need to disclose some or all of your personal information to our service providers, such as mailing houses, call centre operators or database management organisations, and to our related bodies corporate. The reasons we may do this are to assist is the following areas:
- delivery services;
- repair or sales services;
- information technology services;
- data storage or processing services;
- billing and debt-recovery services;
- customer enquiries services;
- mailing service services; and
- market research or website usage analysis services.
However, Solitaire Automotive Group will take reasonable steps to ensure our suppliers and contractors only use the information provided to them for relevant purposes, for example by requiring them to sign contracts containing appropriate privacy or confidentiality obligations.
In limited circumstances, Solitaire Automotive Group may also disclose your personal information to:
- our related companies or bodies corporate;
- our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants, and auditors;
- to government agencies or bodies, if we are required or authorised to do so by law; and
- organisations who manage the transfer or sale of our assets or business.
From time to time we will need to disclose your personal information to our manufacturers. This includes that, unless you contact the manufacturer requesting that it not do so, our associated manufacturer’s will use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- Contact you in relation to the performance of your vehicle;
- Market additional products or services of the manufacturer or its related entities;
- Facilitate industry market research in relation to your purchase.
You will be taken to have consented to these uses and disclosures by the manufacturer unless you contact them to indicate otherwise, by using the contact details supplied below as per each entities respective Privacy Policies. As part of the activities it undertakes, our associated manufacturers and related entities are likely to disclose your personal information to its related bodies corporate (including its parent company located in other countries) and to other service providers, which may be located in, but not limited to, Germany, Italy, Sweden, China, India, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Our manufacturers include the following entities:
Jaguar Land Rover Australia (JLRA)
and available for Land Rover customers at https://www.landrover.com.au/privacy-policy.html
Volvo Car Australia
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, including for example, related bodies corporate or our third-party service providers or manufacturers, which are located overseas.
Where lawful and practicable, you have the option of remaining anonymous (or using a pseudonym) in your dealings with Solitaire Automotive.
Commercial and Direct Marketing
We use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt-out or change your preferences.
Customers who do not wish to have their personal information used for marketing in any form (email, promotional flyers, newsletters etc) by Solitaire Automotive Group should request not to receive direct marketing communications at the time of purchase, during correspondence, at interview or any other point of contact with a representative of our company.
Access to personal information and keeping up-to-date
Solitaire Automotive Group takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, our ability to do this depends to a large extent on you informing us of any changes or updates to your details.
Solitaire Automotive Group will provide you with access to your personal information and/or allow you to correct that information so that it is accurate, complete or up to date, except in limited circumstances specified under the Privacy Act. If we deny you access or refuse to correct your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why.
We may charge you a fee for providing access to your personal information.
To enable us to monitor our website’s performance, we may track your Internet Provider address and your session time. We cannot use this information to identify you. You will remain anonymous whilst accessing our website.
The Solitaire Automotive Group corporate web site uses “system cookies”. A “system cookie” is a small amount of information stored on the user’s computer by our website server.
We may from time to time place a “cookie” or trail indicator in the browser files of your computer.
The “cookie” does not contain any personal information. It will enable us to:
- Relate your use of the site to information that you have specifically provided to us, such as a member password for any services we may provide via our website; or
- Allow your computer’s browser to track searches you have performed on the site.
The “system cookie” identifies the user’s browser. It does not identify the user personally and no personal information is stored within Solitaire Automotive Group “system cookies”. “System cookies” can be disabled by the user going to the preferences or options menus in their browser.
Solitaire Automotive Group takes reasonable security measures to minimise the risk of misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised third party access, modification or disclosure of personal information.
Our internal networks have levels of security to ensure information of a sensitive nature is only accessible by authorised staff members.
All hard copies of information of a sensitive nature are stored securely and are not accessible by unauthorised persons.
Solitaire Automotive Group will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your personal information we encourage you to contact our Privacy Officer with details of your complaint by using our contact details below.
You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Federal Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. More information can be obtained from the Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any comments, suggestions or questions in relation to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer:
- by post at: 26-32 Belair Rd, Hawthorn, South Australia 5062
- by phone on: +61 8 8272 8155
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org